The purpose of this qualification is to:
The curriculum will cover ; ordering stock, receiving, dispatching, stock control, cash control, sales and marketing and displaying, responsible credit promotion, perishable foods preparation, sales and display and the running of an informal small business.
This qualification will serve to provide the W and R sector with personnel that can perform the operation functions to industry standards, optimise productivity and improve service levels.
The qualifying learner will undergo personal development that will contribute to social and economic development.
The learner assessed as competent against this qualification will be able to:
- Ensure a positive customer experience in a W and R business unit.
- Explain how employees can influence the objectives of a W and R business unit.
The occupations associated with these competencies are listed as:
- Sellers: Sales Persons and Assistants, Representatives.
- General and Finance Administrators.
- Trade Union Officials.
- Checkout Operators and Office Cash Clerks.
- General Clerks.